|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for managing patient care by promoting and restoring patients' health through the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, and providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families. The RN provides care to patients, within scope of experience and training in inpatient, outpatient, and/or other facility settings. RNs record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results, administer treatment and medications, and help with case follow-up and rehabilitation. The RN utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to provide holistic care across the life span.
Registered Nurse in the State of Florida. Experience with healthcare delivery in primary care, mental health and/or substance abuse preferred. Additional education and/or experience may be required as per specific program guidelines.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practices of healthcare delivery in diverse populations to include mental health and substance abuse.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in computer skills including Emergency Medical Records.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Ability to develop a collaborative therapeutic alliance with individuals and/or family members served and other members of the integrated healthcare team.Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Provides quality nursing care to clients in accordance with established agency and program guidelines.
- Performs initial and ongoing health assessments, assesses patient integrated healthcare needs, and identifies any barriers to accessing care.
- Assesses situations and uses sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Properly administers medication; documents results; takes vital signs on clients.
- Monitors patients for changes in health status after medication change, change in key health indicators, hospitalization or any assessed decline in function or presentation.
- Monitor lifestyle factors affecting health and assist the client with goal setting to achieve behavioral change.
- Provides client education specific to client age and condition.
- Utilizes effective infection control techniques and methods.
- Obtains and reviews prior medical records and medical history to evaluate for scope of care.
- Communicates effectively with clients, peers, professionals, and community agencies regarding client needs.
- Participates in staff meetings as required by program guidelines.
- Arranges medical appointments, makes referrals, and coordinates with community medical providers.
- Arranges and coordinates lab work and advises of unusual laboratory results.
- Handles verbal and /or physically abusive, aggressive clients, utilizing de-escalation techniques to ensure safety.
- Performs timely and accurate documentation of client care in SMA’s EMR, and in accordance with program policy and procedure.
- Confirms client payer source and obtains authorizations when required by program guidelines.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting and shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled