Licensed Practical Nurse; Part Time
|Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse; Part Time|
|Location:||105 Calvin Street, Deland, FL 32720|
Working Hours: 32 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
Employee performs basic nursing functions.Employee works under general supervision of the Practice Manager. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through personal consultation, results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and client service records.
Completion of a program in practical nursing and licensure as a practical nurse; experience in a clinical psychiatric setting preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practice related to health care of adults with severe and persistent mental illness as well as chemically dependent adults.
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices, and procedures of providing nursing care including administering medications.
- Must have knowledge of psychiatric medications as well as general therapeutic drugs and narcotics.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, other employees, professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with geriatric, emotionally disturbed, and mentally ill or disabled clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provides quality nursing care to clients; properly administers medication injections; performs initial and ongoing health assessments; documents results; takes vital signs on clients; ensures protection from bloodborne pathogens by adhering to safety and environmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency care; responds to accidents, choking; administers CPR or first aid as needed; makes preliminary diagnosis of illnesses and documents all actions.
- Communicates with doctors, psychiatrists, pharmacists regarding client needs; arranges medical appointments; advises of unusual laboratory results, medication refills; returns or orders medication changes; follows all instructions given by doctors; attend treatment team meetings; provides input into development or revision of policies and procedures.
- Receives medication from pharmacy, charts and maintains records of all medications; maintains records of sample medications.
- Maintains records and statistics for quality assurance and other purposes.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.