Behavioral Health Tech - Enrichment
|Title:||Behavioral Health Tech - Enrichment|
|Location:||225 Fentress Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Monday - Friday; 8 am - 4 pm
This position involves responsible and specialized work in a psychosocial rehabilitation program. Work responsibility includes evaluating skills, planning groups including developing curriculum, facilitating multiple groups, providing instruction to and supervision of groups of individuals with disabling conditions and functional limitations (customers in treatment) while they participate in various groups both inside and outside the facility. Work also involves documentation and reports to internal and external agencies, accrediting agencies and/or funding sources. Responsible to adhere to quality control standards, measures, procedures and/or processes.
High school diploma/GED and two (2) years experience in the human services field. - or - Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or other relevant human services field. Behavioral Health Technician certification (CBHT) must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Establish rapport with all customers in treatment and develop a positive relationship.
- Provide positive role model by modeling good work practices, e.g. arriving on time, returning from break/lunch on time and following general work rules/customs.
- Responsible of orientation of customer in treatment to program, completing required documentation to meet funding/accrediting agency criteria.
- Ensures files/charts of customers in treatment maintain compliance with HIM and funding/accrediting agency criteria.
- Assists with plans and schedules of production needs for numerous program participants.
- Trains customer in treatment on use of tools/equipment needed for job/work tasks. Ensures safe use of equipment/tools by all involved.
- Provides instruction to customer in treatment on specific job tasks using different methods to match individual's abilities/needs with emphasis on importance of quality and adherence to Quality Management System and ISO procedures.
- Completes quality assurance checks on work tasks completed by customers in treatment to ensure that product conforms to business customers' standards. Makes recommendations for improvement and guides customer in treatment to ensure improvement.
- Assists in the procuring of new jobs, assists in determining cost to customers; requests materials and tools; performs initials instructions for new jobs.
- Participates in the development of Treatment Plan, Individual Education/Employment Plan, and/or support plan of the customer in treatment.
- Plans, writes or follows curriculum for groups on a variety of topics: employment skills, production skills, education, social skills, recreation, money management, community training, exercise/fitness, peer support, coping skills, nutrition, etc.
- Communicates needs of the customer in treatment to appropriate staff.
- Ensures that all safety, security and exposure/infection control procedures are followed.
- Reports all occurrences, accidents and other problems to supervisor; completes required documentation associated with occurrences, accidents and other problems.
- Ensures documents pertaining to employment or work completed by the customer in treatment are completed to meet Department of Labor standards and are accurate and submitted timely.
- Works with customers in treatment individually and in groups on a variety of topics: employment skills, production skills, education, social skills, recreation, money management, community training, ADL skills, exercise/fitness, nutrition, etc.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with the public, outside agencies, manufacturers, businesses, governments, etc.
- Uses Visual Manufacturing software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlooks, Access), Avatar (electronic medical record) software, and/or various educational software programs to complete required duties of position.
- Adheres to Medicaid, AHCA, APD, CARF, RESPECT of Florida, NISH/AbilityOne, Department of Labor standards as well as the Quality Management System and ISO standards.
- Completes, reviews, and organizes daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual documentation related to customers in treatment clinical record requirements and work task activities.
- Transports customers in treatment to and from work or activity sites as needed.
- Operates equipment such as fork lift, manufacturing equipment/tools, lawn equipment, computer, heat sealing/heat tunnel, 15 passenger vans, or delivery truck to perform related work assignments.
- May perform the function of Safety Coordinator of area or facility, e.g. conduct safety drills, perform safety inspections, take charge during actual safety occurrences to ensure that safety procedures/processes are followed.
- May perform the function of a Community Employment Specialist and/or Production Control Specialist.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Knowledge in the area of adult behavioral health.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, materials and practices used in vocational labor and trades; knowledge of the hazards and precations necessary to conduct labor and trade operations.
- Some knowledge of ISO or other quality control processes/procedures; ability to inspect work and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to plan group activities, instruct and assign personnel and adults with disabling conditions and function limitations.
- Ability to utilize positive reinforcement techniques to encourage customers in treatment to obtain their maximum potential.
- Ability to utilize de-escalation skill techniques to ensure the safety and well being of customers in treatment, emloyees, volunteers/interns and/or visitors.
- Ability to operate 15 passenger van to transport customers in treatment; ability to operate or learn to operate equipment such as a delivery truck, fork lift, lawn equipment, and other manufacturing equipment/tools.
- Knowledge of computers and standard office/business software, e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlooks, Access) and standard business e-mail.
- Ability to communicate in writing and in person with customers in treatment, business customers, the community and/or funding/accrediting agencies.
SMA Healthcare is a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications