Vice President of Human Resources
|Title:||Vice President of Human Resources|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
*** Please include salary requirements on resume***
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm with flexibility
The VP of Human Resources must have extensive knowledge and capabilities in all facets of human resource management including Strategic Management, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations, and Occupational Health, Safety and Security. This position is responsible for the operation of all aspects of the human resource operation at SMA Healthcare. Responsible for the areas of recruitment, screening, employment, background investigations, credentialing, wage and salary administration, classification and compensation, job descriptions, assisting with employee relations, supervising benefits, HR records, workers compensation, unemployment compensation and employee communication.
Bachelors in Human Resources or related field plus a minimum of 5 years HR experience. Master’s Degree in related field is preferred. Human Resources certification is preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or PHR). Related seminars and professional management training is preferred.
- Demonstrates competencies in the Essential Functions and following areas including, but not limited to, effective human resource management, supervisory skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise subordinate personnel.
- Competent to work with all levels of personnel, as well as, position classification and compensation
- Demonstrates competency with HRMS and HRActions
- Responsible for recruitment and screening of applicants to fill vacant positions. Makes and/or supervises all authorized job offers.
- Responsible for background investigations, drug testing and TB testing of all selected applicants.
- Verifies with issuing sources all licensure and other professional credentials for applicable position.
- Responsible for classification of positions, Job Descriptions and compensation of employees.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the HRMS and HRActions System, for data input and reports.
- Provides assistance to staff and agents regarding personnel benefits as needed.
- Provides oversight to the Training Manager and training functions, including; printing of training certificates, entry of training information into the HRMS and HRActions system and reporting staff compliance with requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports that are utilized to ensure human resource files are compliant with contracting bodies and agency requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination of annual performance reviews and on-going progressive disciplinary processes.
- Responsible for compliance with law and regulations and the preparation of requisite reports.
- Consultant to the Staff Personnel/Employee Relations Committee.
- Makes commitment to SMA's mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting
- Shows respect to others
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work
- Other duties as assigned
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled