|Title:||Food Delivery Driver|
|Location:||1341 Indian Lake Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32124|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Days & Shift vary
This is responsible, direct service position dealing with Adult Department of Corrections inmates who are potentially dangerous, and/or diagnosed with one or more emotional, mental or substance abuse disorders.
This position is responsible to perform all assigned aspects of RH Kitchen inventory, will be required to operate a motor vehicle in the delivery of food pursuant to the RH catering operation. Works under the managerial direction of the Assistant Executive Chef-Kitchen Operations. The Transportation- Inventory Specialist/Correctional Technician is required to cross train as a Correctional Technician in other aspects of the Reality House program and will operate as a member of a larger program team.
Work involves responsibility for processing intakes and discharges; monitoring and documenting client behaviors and activities; participating and assisting with educational, social and recreational activities; providing a safe and therapeutic environment; interacting in a warm compassionate manner; de-escalating, and restraining clients when necessary; promoting client achievement of treatment plan goals and objectives. Work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.Qualifications
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent. 6 months of culinary experience is preferred but not required (control food/ quantity, station set up, prepping food, clean up, stocking, and cooking). Experience in human services and/or experience working with clients in a correctional setting a plus. Food Safety Manager Certification a plus.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle to deliver food and/or catering services to facilities and may be required to transport clients.
- Ability to maintain an inventory of food supplies at RH, SMA WR, and/or the Deland facility.
- Ability to transport food supply inventory between RH, SMA WR, and/or Deland facility
- Ability to provide direct oversight when clients unload delivery trucks and store inventory correctly
- Ability to perform housekeeping responsibilities.
- Ability to operate standard office and kitchen equipment.
- Ability to ensure all clients receiving a special diet that has a physicians order are satisfied in alignment with the client needs.
- Heavy and routine lifting may be required.
- Some knowledge of the criminal justice human services field according to program need, and the application of basic client care skills.
- Some knowledge of communicable diseases.
- Ability to defuse potentially dangerous situations, and remain calm in an emergency.
- Ability to utilize behavior management techniques and serve as a role model.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with the public, clinical professionals, and outside agencies.
- Ability to prepare and maintain written documentation.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, other clients, and employees in the unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to perform pat downs and strip searches according to program and client need.
- Works as directed by the Assistant Executive Chef-Kitchen to ensure that the selection, purchase, preparation, and delivery of all food to all assigned locations is appropriate as to quantity, economy, and within stated quality standards as dictated by governing authorities, including the Health Department, Contract requirements, and CARF.
- Delivers meals to the outlying facilities, conducts a daily inventory of supplies needed for the next day, transports supplies between facilities to ensure smooth operation of kitchen workflow.
- Responsible for monitoring the behavior and activities of each client; reports any concerns regarding the health, safety, or well-being of a client to the appropriate authority. Serves as a positive role model; utilizes approved behavior modification techniques to help clients learn desirable behaviors; provides positive reinforcement and support to clients. Assists in the planning and implementation of individual treatment plans; supports client goals; encourages and assists clients in achieving their goals.
- Processes admissions and discharges for voluntary and/or involuntary clients; orients the client to the facility; explains rules, policies and procedures.
- Provides supervision, counseling, custody, and control; assists with employment development and coordination and other related services to inmates according to program and client need.
- Completes required program documentation. Completes reports as required; daily, weekly, monthly etc. Documents service and progress daily regarding client activities and behavior patterns, and notes all changes in all areas. Reviews and documents in shift report logs, shift logs, companion files, contact cards etc. Obtains required program information; inventories client valuables.
- May shop for supplies; assists with the preparation and dispensing of snacks and meals.
- Participates in meetings as required; converses with staff on client’s progress or lack of progress. Performs general office duties; answers telephones; communicates with the public or other agencies as required; links clients to needed services; makes doctor appointments; files, types, copies; receives food shipments; order supplies etc. Performs general cleaning responsibilities such as laundry, mopping, garbage removal etc.
- Attends training /in-services as required.
- Controls verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and performs aggression control techniques. Communicates effectively with suicidal, mentally, emotionally, and/or psychologically disturbed clients in person and over the telephone to diffuse potentially life-threatening situations. Transports clients to other agencies, hospitals, homes, community activities, AA meetings etc.
- Participates in process/performance improvement activities.
- Ensures compliance with DOC standards and security safeguards such as room checks and removal of dangerous items.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled