Registered Nurse; Full Time
|Title:||Registered Nurse; Full Time|
|Location:||301 Justice Lane, Bunnell, FL 32110|
Working Hours: 40 hours week; Mon-Fri, 3pm - 11pm
A currently competent registered nurse who, under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, performs a variety of professional nursing duties. This is a professional nurse and lead worker providing care, monitoring the mental and medical stability of clients in an emergency or crisis stabilization unit/facility. They will be responsible for and competent to provide Unit Supervision on assigned shifts, as well as, but not limited to screening, diagnosing and assessing client mental Health for appropriate psychiatric disposition, medical and substance abuse assessment, obtaining authorization for services, treatment or referral to community agencies, medical triage, administration of emergency medication, crisis intervention, emergency procedures, and other health care related issues.
Graduate of Associate of Science in nursing degree program. Current Florida RN license. Current CPR/First Aid Certificate. Registered nurse in the State of Florida. Graduate of a Bachelor's of Science degree in nursing preferred. Experience with health care delivery to chemically dependent adults and/or adults who have a mental health diagnosis.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practices of health care delivery to chemically dependent adults and adults who have a mental health diagnosis.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current computer skill.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Courteous when engaged in telephone conversation with staff and the public.
- Demonstrates competency in surveillance, prevention and control of infections.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in timely and accurate documentation of client care, and in accordance with SMABHC policy and procedure.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, peers, professionals, community agencies and the general public.
- Assesses situations and uses sound judgment in applying medical intervention techniques.
- Handles verbal and /or physically abusive, aggressive clients, utilizing aggression control techniques to ensure the safety.
- Provides client education specific to client age and condition, with particular focus on the needs of pregnant, post-partum and parenting mothers.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic environment according to the SMABHS Safety/Risk Management Plan and agency approved crisis intervention techniques.
- Courteous when engaged in telephone conversation with staff, clients and the public.
- Records results in client record and provides interventions as indicated.
- Recognizes and reports equipment malfunctions.
- Utilizes effective infection control techniques and methods.
- Implements and records appropriate interventions.
- Recognizes and reports infection control issues.
- As assigned, inspects designated areas of the Agency on a monthly basis and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains Records appropriately for quality assurance and other purposes.
- Performs timely and accurate documentation of client care, and in accordance with SMABHC policy and procedure.
- Performs reviews, data collection, or audits of procedures and/or documentation as assigned to support Quality Improvement Activities.
- Communicates effectively with the mentally ill, emotionally disturbed or impaired clients.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with clients, peers, professionals, community agencies and the general public regarding collateral information, program information, questions from family or significant others.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
SMA Healthcare is a tobacco and drug-free workplace.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled