APRN - Medical
|Title:||APRN - Medical|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
This is a professional medical position in which the APRN will provide medical health services (evaluation, treatment, etc.) and history and physicals to clients suffering from mental illness, substance abuse or co-occurring disorders in the Detox program at the Outpatient Center; history and physicals and ongoing primary care for SMA’s Primary and Behavioral Healthcare Integration (PBHCI) program. Work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures, but involves initiative and independent judgment in emergency situations. Work is performed and reviewed under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, clinically and administratively by CCBHC Project Director.
Minimum APRN with a Florida License. Psychiatric ANCC Certification preferred. Certified with one of the following certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is required. DEA Certificate
- Considerable knowledge on common chronic medical conditions and of all procedures, medications, side effects, and treatment relating to clients. Knowledge of all clinical tests and their applications. Knowledge of all state and federal laws and regulations relating to their profession.
- Knowledge of pharmacology, physical assessments, and neurological evaluations.
- Knowledge of growth and development issues for adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate/therapeutic communication, boundaries, and activities with children and adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of treatment interventions/techniques and common clinical conditions for children and adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of common side effects of medications used to treat conditions demonstrated by children and adults.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic nutritional needs of adults.
- Skills to monitor client’s condition and assess their behavior specific to the age and disability of the client in a professional and courteous manner.
- Skills to effectively assess and monitor the side effects of medications specific to the age and disability of the client.
- Ability to follow procedures for documentation in client’s permanent medical record.
- Ability to maintain composure in an emergency/stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop professional relationships with the client, staff and other allied health professionals.
- Provide direct services to SMA clients in the form of general medical evaluations, consultations, history and physicals, treatment planning, medication administration/adjustments, mental status assessments, supportive therapy and crisis intervention.
- Performs medical management of the medical conditions
- Prescribe and monitor effects of medications on clients.
- Document all relevant information regarding the client in the medical record including, but not limited to, evaluations, prescriptions written, mental status assessment, treatment plans, etc., in accordance with standard procedures for documentation established by CARF, Medicaid, DCF and SMA quality improvement department.
- Become part of a treatment team with nurses, other physicians, case managers, receptionists, therapists, etc. Participate in staffing and formal treatment plans with therapists, case managers, discharge planners and providers from community treatment programs.
- Educate clients as to the nature of their illness and the importance of proper medication use.
- Report any serious deficiencies, medication errors, and adverse reactions immediately to the Chief Medical Officer, and document such on the appropriate Occurrence Report form.
- Attend meetings, committees, and in-service training as instructed by supervisor.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications