Director - Clinical Data Systems
|Title:||Director - Clinical Data Systems|
|Location:||150 Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
The director position is responsible for ongoing operation and implementation of the agency’s clinical data systems, including the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other related systems. Including but not limited to the routine maintenance and enhancement of systems, and the reporting needs of the agency, funders and stakeholders. The director will ensure the confidentiality and integrity of clinical data and systems.
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with degree in Computer Science, Business or other closely related field, plus at least six (6) years of closely related experience, three (3) years of which must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of a broad range of clinical data management concepts and systems; technical report writing methods; methods of compiling and analyzing statistical, fiscal and related data; strong management skills
- Skills with ability to motivate, stimulate and inspire subordinates to maximize their efforts in productivity and quality;
- Ability to supervise and train; perform budget administration;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Performs calmly under pressure/deadlines;
- Ability to manage professional people;
- Problem solving skills on complex issues by developing alternatives and solutions;
- Excellent public relation skills to provide a high level of cooperation between user departments.
- Plans, develops and implements, systems, reports and analysis to satisfy the needs of the agency and external governing bodies/funding/certifying sources.
- Provides supervision of the State Reporting Specialist, MIS Information Systems Analyst, and CDM Training and Support
- Understands all aspects of the clinical data management, including the financial reporting capabilities and requirements and has an overall understanding of the mechanisms used by the center in support thereof
- Has frequent contact with representatives of other public and private agencies to enhance application development at SMA
- Provides technical support to the division managers, assists in performing needs assessment and strategic planning for clinical data systems
- Maintains ongoing communication with all SMA departments and other organizations to improve operations
- Meets user needs and resolves problems with new and/or existing modules and clinical systems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled