Certified Medical Assistant
|Title:||Certified Medical Assistant|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
Employee performs basic back office functions required in the behavioral health setting. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through personal consultation, results obtained, discussions and a review of reports and client service records.
Completion of a program in medical assistant (front and back office) and certification as a medical assistant; experience in a clinical psychiatric setting, preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practices related to healthcare of adults and children with severe and persistent mental illness, as well as chemically dependent adults.
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices and procedures of providing clinical care including administering medications.
- Must have knowledge of psychiatric medicines as well as general knowledge about therapeutic drugs and narcotics.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, practices and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgement in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, other employees, professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well-being of the client , other clients, and employees in the clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with geriatric, emotionally disturbed , and mentally ill or disabled clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provides quality clinical care to clients, properly administers medication injections, collects and records results of urinalysis, performs initial and ongoing health assessments; documents results; takes vital signs on clients; ensures protection from blood borne pathogens by adhering to safety and environmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency care; responds to accidents, choking; administers CPR or fist aid as needed, makes preliminary diagnosis of illness and documents all actions.
- Communicates with doctors, psychiatrist, and pharmacists regarding client needs; arranges medical appointments; advises of unusual laboratory results, calls related to medication refills; returns or orders medication changes as ordered by the prescriber, follows all instructions given by doctors/ARNPs; attends treatment team meetings; provides input into development or revision of policies and procedures.
- Receives medication from pharmacy, charts and maintains records of all medication, charts and maintains records of sample medications.
- Maintains records and statistics for quality assurance and other purchases.
- Performs relates work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled