Licensed Practical Nurse
|Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse|
|Department:||Adolescent Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
*** Experience with Adolescents preferred***
Employee performs basic nursing functions. Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations. Work is reviewed through personal consultation, results obtained, discussions, and a review of reports and client service records.
Completion of a program in practical nursing and licensure as a practical nurse; experience working in a clinical psychiatric setting and/or with chemically dependent individuals preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competency in current principles and practice related to health care of clients specific to the LPN’s program population.
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles, methods, practices, and procedures of providing nursing care including administering medications.
- Must have knowledge of psychiatric medications as well as general therapeutic drugs and narcotics for the clients being served in the LPN’s program.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, practices, and procedures for administering first aid and CPR.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and use sound judgment in applying medical or emergency intervention techniques.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, family members, other employees, professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive clients and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the client, family members, other clients, and employees in the clinic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with emotionally disturbed and mentally ill or disabled clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Provides quality nursing care to clients; properly administers medication injections; performs initial and ongoing health assessments; documents results; takes vital signs on clients; ensures protection from blood borne pathogens by adhering to safety and environmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Provides emergency care; responds to accidents, choking; administers CPR or first aid as needed; makes preliminary diagnosis of illnesses and documents all actions.
- Provides medication education and medication delivery to identified clients.
- Initiates care appropriate to program client needs.
- Communicates with doctors, psychiatrists, pharmacists regarding client needs; arranges medical appointments; advises of unusual laboratory results, medication refills, returns, or other medication changes; follows all instructions given by doctors; attends treatment team meetings; provides input into development of client case plans.
- Collects UA samples using Universal Precautions and in accordance with SMA polity and procedure.
- Initiates crisis intervention as required to maintain a safe environment.
- Records client information in SMA’s EMR in a timely manner and in accordance with SMA policy and procedure.
- Performs related work as required by supervisor.
- Commits to SMA’s Mission and Core Values.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications