|Department:||Adolescent Outpatient Services|
|Location:||301 Justice Lane, Bunnell, FL 32110|
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm
*** Experience with adolescents is required ***
This is a highly responsible professional position serving as a clinical member of a multidisciplinary SMA Healthcare treatment team. The clinician will provide professional mental health, substance abuse, and co-occurring therapeutic treatment services to SMA clients. The clinician has responsibility to carry out treatment related functions such as assessment, group, individual, consultative and supportive services to clients and families.
Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited school in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or other relevant Human Services discipline is required. Masters’ Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or other relevant Human Services discipline preferred. Certification as an Addictions Professional or Licensed to practice as a Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist preferred. Experience with the target population preferred. Additional education and/or experience may be required dependent on specific program guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the most recent DSM version and the ability to formulate a diagnosis.
- Strong clinical knowledge and skill in both substance abuse and mental health therapy.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical assessment process, treatment planning, individual, group, and family therapy.
- Ability to quickly assess and diagnose persons for treatment and formulate realistic, measurable goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of insurance and Medicaid billing and services.
- Knowledge of managed care and different payer sources.
- Conducts individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy as indicated by diagnosis and individualized treatment plan.
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history (e.g., onset, course and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Develops an individual treatment plan and ensures immediate changes are made in the treatment plan as clients’ needs change.
- Provides ongoing assessment of clients’ co-occurring symptoms and clients’ response to treatment. Makes appropriate changes in treatment plans to ensure immediate and appropriate interventions are provided in response to changes in mental status or behavior which put clients at risk (e.g., suicidality).
- Educates and supports clients and their families, and advocates for clients’ rights and preferences.
- Documents client progress in SMA’s EMR to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Participates in staff organization meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- As a member of the multidisciplinary team, works in close conjunction with all team members, and other collaborating agencies to ensure the best possible client outcomes.
- Coordinates with outside services as appropriate to ensure that clients’ needs are addressed.
- Provides practical help and support, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving, direct assistance, training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Commits to SMA’s Mission and Core Values.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled