Adult Targeted Mental Health Case Manager
|Title:||Adult Targeted Mental Health Case Manager|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||330 Kay Larkin Dr., Palatka, FL 32177|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one in which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development) and have a minimum of one year of full time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing serious mental illness; OR have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college and three years full time or equivalent experience working with adults experiencing mental illness.
- Skill in time and organizational management; ability to complete work under strict time lines, while maintaining flexibility to assist with client issues/concerns;
- ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risky situations; ability to identify services needed by clients during the rehabilitation process;
- ability to follow both oral and written instructions and complete tasks as instructed;
- ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
- ability to prepare clear and concise written reports;
- ability to communicate clearly and with authority to clients and develop a supportive and trusting relationship with client;
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, medical and clinical professionals, the educational systems, court systems, and the general public.
- Good knowledge of community resources;
- knowledge of mental illness/substance abuse, especially as it relates to the service management population; some knowledge of CARF standards.
- Has completed or agrees to complete AHCA-approved mental health targeted case management training within three months of initially providing Medicaid services. If the training is not completed within three months, the provider agency cannot continue to bill Medicaid for services rendered by the case manager under the supervisor’s Medicaid provider number.
- Knowledge of managed care environment and different payer sources.
- Case Managers perform initial assessments on each new client and complete an initial service plan with the client to address the client’s problems and goals.
- Completes periodic service plan reviews at least once every six months or as significant changes occur. Assessments are completed annually.
- Executes linkages identified on the service plan and monitors progress of service delivery.
- The Case Manager monitors the client’s progress face to face on a monthly basis, preferably in the client’s natural environment. The Case Manager writes service activity notes to document progress and/or lack of progress on their goals and objectives.
- Ensures the medical record is up to date, accurate, and meets all documentation requirements in accordance with CARF, Medicaid, DCF and SMA standards.
- Maintains a complete roster of community services, and develops professional relationships within the mental health system and with community resources.
- Advocates for clients. Receives complaints from the client, client’s family, and community about quality of services and advocates for improved services in the interest of the client. Informs client’s family members and friends about educational programs in the community, provides information concerning inpatient care and the availability of resources specific to the age and population served.
- Provides limited crisis intervention under appropriate supervision.
- Participates in staff development and is responsible for knowledge concerning current information in the area of mental illness and substance abuse and treatment and related behavioral problems specific to the age and population served.
- Coordinates transportation for clients and may at times transport clients in a SMA vehicle in order to execute linkages identified on the service plan.
- Maintains an awareness of proper safety procedures and guidelines and applies these in performing daily activities and tasks.
- Completes reauthorization to obtain additional units for case management and tracks payer source and utilization of benefits usage.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs related work as required or assigned.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled