Facilities Specialist - Full Time
|Title:||Facilities Specialist - Full Time|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Additional compensation offered when On Call
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 7a-3p - On Call as needed
This is responsible, highly varied, skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance work for all SMA Healthcare buildings and facilities. Work involves repairing electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, and HVAC problems, renovation and construction, and performing preventive maintenance of facilities. Employee works under the general supervision of the Facilities Field Supervisor. Work requires that employee be on-call for emergencies, make emergency repairs and perform routine maintenance work safely and in compliance with orders and city and state code compliance requirements. Work is reviewed through safety and work quality inspections by supervisor, state agency representatives, reports, and meetings with supervisor.
HVAC Preferred but not required for position
Possession of high school diploma or G.E.D. and 3 years experience in building maintenance and repair; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of building maintenance, repair, renovation, and construction practices, procedures, and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to effectively and safely operate a variety of power tools, construction equipment, and heavy machinery and vehicles.
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled building maintenance, repair, and construction activities.
- Ability to perform physical labor including but not limited to lifting, carrying, climbing, walking, reaching, and bending.
- Ability to use care and proper protective equipment when exposed to bio-hazardous materials.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, contractors, outside agencies, and the general public.
(May perform some or all of the following duties - some duties may not be listed)
- Makes electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, repairs;
- Performs a variety of carpentry, renovation, and construction work;
- Operates equipment, mowers, power tools and equipment,
- Climbs ladders, lifts and carries heavy objects and other construction,
- Repair and maintenance equipment;
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and construction work; performs concrete, landscaping, and painting work.
- Performs ongoing preventive maintenance activities of facilities;
- Maintains facility HVAC, plumbing;
- Orders supplies;
- Maintains vehicles and equipment; checks vehicle oil, water, and air levels.
- Cleans windows,
- Paints and repairs walls, floor tiles;
- Makes roof repairs,
- Repairs furniture;
- Mows lawns, edges, lays sod, trims shrubs.
- Meets with department staff;
- Responds to requests;
- Completes maintenance reports.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
- Performs related work as required.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled