Life Skills Coach - Part Time
|Title:||Life Skills Coach - Part Time|
|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||301 Justice Lane, Bunnell, FL 32110|
Working Hours: 20 hrs/week; Days & Times Vary,
High school diploma or GED. Consumer of mental health services currently or in the past preferred, and certification as a Peer Recovery Specialist is preferred. Additional education and/or experience may be required per program requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience with care of adults with severe and persistent mental illness as well as chemically dependent adults.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships and maintain healthy boundaries and respect for client rights and personal preferences.
- Knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses, and/or chemical dependence.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and their side effects.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and use sound judgment in defusing potentially risk situations.
- Ability to identify services needed by clients during the rehabilitation process.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise client documentation/reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and /or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well-being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- As a member of a multidisciplinary team, provides case management and coaching to all clients in line with the required program model.
- Participates in treatment team meetings as scheduled.
- Tasks may include locating and coordinating services; implementing interventions; educating clients and the members of their networks; providing direct services in order to maximize community independence; building relationships; modeling behaviors; advocating for rights and preferences; transporting clients; going into clients’ homes; building employability and vocational abilities; modeling and teaching ADL skills; promoting wellness behaviors; developing social skills; counseling and advising; building budgeting skills; organizing and coordinating special events, projects, social activities, and outings; and supporting clients so that their quality of life is maximized.
- Completes documentation to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Collaborates with and assists other SMA staff in a supportive case management role including sharing case management duties, actively participating in staff meetings, leading groups, participating in trainings, and sharing resources and information.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Commits to SMA’s Mission and Core Values.
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled