|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Top reasons to work for SMA Healthcare:
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Great benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave (up to 25 days after 3 years of service)
- 403b Retirement Plan (matches one to one of employee contribution for the first 3%, then a 50% match on the next 6% of employee contribution)
Working Hours: 40 hrs week; Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
This is a highly responsible medical position providing addiction treatment in SMA’s medication assisted treatment (MAT) outpatient program. Medical tasks include leadership, collaboration, and direction of medical services to include the direct provision of medical care to SMA’s clients. Conducts a complete, detailed, and accurate history and physical examination and follow up treatment using FDA approved medications for the treatment of substance use disorder.
Graduation from an accredited medical school as a Doctor of Medicine. Board Certified Addictionologist required. Licensed to practice in Florida. Five years of Medication Assisted Treatment experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable and demonstrate competence in current addiction medicine protocols and practices including medical supervision nurse practitioners.
- Extensive knowledge of medication assisted treatment protocols, to include the opioid treatment programs involving buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone.
- Extensive knowledge of methods, theories, techniques and principals of providing direct clinical treatment, consultation, and direction to adults experiencing behavioral health disorders.
- Ability to provide the medical treatment required by addiction and other behavioral health disorders.
- Awareness and understanding of rules, regulations, safety procedures, state, federal and local laws, and legislative requirements pertaining to behavioral health treatment programs and program compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, clients, outside organizations, and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Provides direct medical care to SMA’s clients, prioritizing daily work of self and medical staff so as to maximize the efficient operation of the MAT program. Manage, supervise and establish/maintain addiction medicine protocols implemented by Physician(s) and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner(s).
- When providing direct medical care to clients, conducts a complete, detailed, and accurate history and physical examination, and records pertinent data in agency electronic health record, to include the SMA approved history and physical, medication orders, and progress notes.
- Compile detailed records in the areas of monitoring drug therapies, initiate appropriate therapies, order diagnostic tests, determine health status of the patient, order medications and other such duties required by law; and
- Attend SMA departmental meetings as directed by supervisor. Serve as a back-up in on-call rotation, when necessary.
- Performs related work as required.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled