|Location:||225 Fentress Blvd., Suite A, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
***This position requires an LCSW, LMFT or LMHC***
This is a highly responsible professional position serving as a clinical member of the psychosocial rehabilitation team providing psychosocial rehabilitation treatment services to SMA Healthcare clients. The incumbent has responsibility to carry out treatment related functions (assessment, group, individual, consultative and supportive services); and crisis-intervention. Work is reviewed through records for fulfillment of program objectives and for conformance with department policies, and practices, state and federal regulations.
Possession of a Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Behavioral Science field in addition to two years related work experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses and/or co-occurring disorders and a Florida license in social work, mental health counseling or marriage and family counseling.
- Thorough knowledge of DSM-5 and the ability to formulate a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical counseling skills.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical assessment process, treatment planning, individual, group, and family therapy.
- Ability to quickly assess and diagnose persons for treatment; ability to formulate realistic, measurable goals and objectives
- Considerable knowledge of mental health, psychiatry, counseling, and psychology.
- Considerable knowledge of brief short-term therapies.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, theories, techniques and principles of providing direct clinical treatment, consultation, and direction with adults.
- Considerable knowledge of the characteristics and problems of adults with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as substance abuse issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, medical and clinical professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to handle verbally and/or physically abusive and aggressive persons and utilize aggression control techniques to ensure the safety and well being of the person, other persons, and employees on the team.
- Ability to incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other employees, program staff, persons receiving services, outside organizations, and others.
- Knowledge of managed care and different payer sources.
- Conducts a comprehensive assessment of psychiatric and substance abuse history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical health and dental health; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living (e.g., self-care, living situation, nutrition, money management); and family structure and relationships.
- Completes a treatment plan based on the assessment with a formal treatment plan review every 6 months or more often if behaviorally indicated. Completes a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan once a year. This position is primarily responsible for these documents for all Medicaid clients as well as others assigned by the supervisor.
- Provides direct clinical services to clients on an individual and group basis in the office to teach behavioral symptom-management techniques to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced with medication and to promote personal growth and development by assisting clients to adapt to and cope with internal and external stressors. Assists with clients in crisis and may perform the Baker Act on clients who meet criteria for involuntary treatment.
- Completes progress notes on direct services provided.
- Completes all clinical documentation according to standards set forth by DCF, Medicaid, Medicaid HMOs, CARF, APD and any auditing body related to the Enrichment Program. Documentation will be completed utilizing computer with Word and/or Excel converting to electronic medical record utilizing Avatar as the options become available.
- Provides ongoing training on the completion of clinical documentation to Enrichment Program staff.
- Participates in daily staff organization meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled