|Department:||Adult Outpatient Services|
|Location:||1220 Willis Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114|
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week; Mon-Fri; 8a-5p
A currently competent FITT Counselor will provide professional clinical services and necessary case management to all assigned adults (i.e. ages 18 and up) referred from Child Welfare System who are experiencing problems with substance use disorders and who may have an additional diagnosis of mental health problems. Services will be provided in agency office, client home, and other community locations.
Graduation from an accredited school with a Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or some other relevant Human Services discipline. Licensed to practice in the State of Florida as a Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor preferred, with additional preference given for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Must be knowledgeable and demonstrate competence in current principals and practices including all aspects of providing treatment services to adults experiencing substance abuse / dependency and mental health problems. No less than two years experience providing treatment services to individuals experiencing substance use disorders and/or mental health problems. Must be familiar with and demonstrate competence in various treatment modalities and therapy models useful in the clinical and behavioral management of adults and families.
- Knowledgeable of individual, group and phone counseling with clients with substance abuse, mental health or co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledgeable of the child welfare and dependency court system.
- Develop and implement agreed upon plans and interventions.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (both verbally and in writing) when dealing with clients, third party payers, other professionals within and outside of SMA, etc.
- Demonstrates effective crisis intervention and conflict resolution techniques.
- Coordinates resources.
- Identifies proper forms for documentation and correct placement in the client record.
- Demonstrates effective documentation of activities including outcomes and plans using DAP format in the electronic medical record.
- Demonstrates familiarity with software programs used at SMA, or the ability to learn them in a reasonable period of time.
- Demonstrates safe operation of computers and associated hardware.
- Produces documentation meeting the requirements of Medicaid, HMOs, other insurance carriers, DCF, etc.
- Identifies the commonly used resources for referral of clients.
- Understands referral process for each. Demonstrates effective discharge planning.
- Locates and understands policies relative to referral.
- Understand the role of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Maintains close, effective communication with other team members, including child welfare agencies.
- Contributes effectively and meaningfully to staff meeting / treatment team meeting process.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- program orientation,
- treatment planning,
- progress notes,
- individual counseling,
- phone counseling,
- group counseling,
- case management/coordination of client and family needs
- facilitation of education,
- life skills training classes,
- obtaining urine samples for drug screens,
- in home services and providing monitoring and linking of clients to services within SMA as well as external programs,
- agencies and aftercare and discharge planning and facilitating aftercare services for clients,
- client caseload to be approximately 6-8
- Makes commitment to SMA’s mission and core values the SMA Way
- Abides by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Works cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Shows respect to others.
- Takes guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Arrives/Reports to work on time and ready to work.
EEO Employer W / M / Vet / Disabled